Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Review: Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap


Has anyone ever tried Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap...ok I hadn't until today! Oh let me tell you that I just love this stuff!! I have looked forever to find the right scent that I wanted to try and after a lot of searching I finally found the one I wanted. Boy was that search worth it. I just have to say that I love, love, love this soap! It is unlike any soap I have ever used. To quote their site, it leaves your skin feeling "silky-smooth and refreshed"...I readily agree!!!

Normally when using body wash or soaps I always feel like they have left a film on my skin. I have enough issues with my skin to begin with and don't need to add to them. What you have to realize is that 3 years ago I was very badly burned on both my arms...a story for another time...and while that skin that was grafted is tough, it is also very sensitive.

18-in-1 Uses...from Dr. Bronner's FAQ
  1. Always dilute for Shave-Shampoo-Massage-Dental Soap-Bath!
  2. Peppermint is nature's own unsurpassed fragrant Deodorant!
  3. A drop is best Mint Toothpaste; brushes Dentures Clean!
  4. A dash in water is the ideal Breath Freshener & Mouth Wash!
  5. Peppermint Oil Soap for Dispensers, Uniforms, Baby, Beach!
  6. Dilute for ideal After Shave, Body Rub, Foot Bath, Douche.
  7. Hot Towel-Massage the entire body, always towards your heart.
  8. Pets, silk, wool & body tingles head to toe - keeps cool!
  9. 3 dashes in water rinse most Sprays Off fruit & vegetables!
  10. 1/4 oz in qt H2O is Pest Spray! Dash, no rash Diaper-Soap!

Pros:
  1. Made in the USA...a very big plus for me!!!
  2. USDA Organic Certified
  3. Fair Trade Certified
  4. No synthetic foaming agents, thickeners or preservatives
  5. Completely biodegradable...camping here I come!!
  6. All vegetable based
  7. 8 scents to choose from: Peppermint, Eucalyptus, Almond, Rose, Baby Mild, Citrus (my personal fav), Lavender, and Tea Tree
  8. 100% Post-Consumer Recycled Cylinder Bottle and Label
  9. 18-in-1 Uses...gotta test these!!!
Cons:
  1. Had a hard time finding the fragrance in my closest selling store
Ingredients:
  • Water
  • Saponified Organic Coconut Oil *
  • Organic Palm Oil *
  • Organic Olive Oil (with Retained Glycerine) *
  • Organic Hemp Oil
  • Organic Jojoba Oil
  • Essential Oils
  • Citric Acid
  • Vitamin E
* Fair Trade Certified

Where to buy:
I got mine at a semi-local health food store, so you make check your local store. It is also sold at Target, but they did not have the scent I was looking for and it was very hard to find in the store. You can also buy it online from Dr. Bronner's, but I would be careful purchasing it elsewhere online because of all the couterfeit products out there (just saying).

1 comment:

johndaddy said...

Dr. Bronner's Organic Fair Trade Personal Care. Dr. Bronner's Magic Pure Castile Classic Soaps ... Please click here for an overview of soapmaking.
Dr Bronners castile soap